Swan Class (Year 6)
Welcome to Swan Class 2020-2021!
Swan Class Photography 2021
Letters and Information 2020/2021
In preparation for secondary school, Year 6 are likely to have more home learning than they have been used to previously.
Every Monday morning we discuss the Topic home learning that children have been busy with from the previous week. Maths and Spelling/Grammar home learning will be handed out every Wednesday and due in every Monday. If a child forgets their work, without a note from home, they are expected to miss a playtime but, of course, if they are struggling with any aspect, they can always ask for help.
Home Learning includes:
1) Topic - children have a selection of activities to choose from in the front of their books.
2) Maths - a series of questions which relate to lessons through the week.
3) Spellings - children will be given a set of spellings weekly to practice and will be tested on their understanding of year 5 and 6 common exception words every Friday.
4) Grammar - occasionally, children will bring home a grammar-based activity rather than spellings to consolidate their learning.
5) Reading - please encourage your child to read as much as possible to build a love of reading!