Gold Sports Mark Award
In 2015/2016 we joined the School Games imitative and after a successful first year we were awarded the Sainsbury’s Silver Sports Mark.
Since then we have achieved the Gold sports mark every year!
These rewards are for hard work and commitment to sport which is part of school life at Long Itchington.
Through the School Games, we have been able to enter a number of different level 2 events, with all children being given the opportunity to experience competitive sport in a safe and encouraging environment.
An examples of this is Boccia, which some of our pupils took part in during the Spring Term.
Primary Science Quality Mark
At Long Itchington CE Academy, we believe that it is vital that children lay the foundations of their scientific understanding at primary school. Science is an important part of our heritage and we use its applications every day in our lives at work, at leisure and in the home. Science is central to our economic future and to our health and wellbeing as individuals and as a society
Through learning in the sciences, children develop their interest in, and understanding of, the living, material and physical world. They engage in a wide range of collaborative investigative tasks, which allows them to develop important skills to become creative, inventive and enterprising adults.
Through the science curriculum, our aim is that children will:
· develop a curiosity and understanding of their environment and their place in the living, material and physical world
· demonstrate a secure knowledge and understanding of the big ideas and concepts of the sciences
· develop skills for learning, life and work
· develop skills of scientific inquiry and investigation using practical techniques
· recognise the role of creativity and inventiveness in the development of the sciences
· apply safety measures and take necessary actions to control risk and hazards
· recognise the impact the sciences make on their lives, the lives of others, the environment and on society
· develop an understanding of the Earth’s resources and the need for responsible use of them.