The Pupil Premium Grant is a sum of money that we receive for every child who has been eligible for Free School Meals during the past six years. We also receive additional funding for children of service personnel, children adopted from care and looked after children.
The money we receive is spent on providing additional support for these children in a variety of ways, including small group tuition, support in class from a trained Teaching Assistant, after-school activities and contributions towards visits.
We review our expenditure of the Pupil Premium Grant on an annual basis.
If you are claim the following benefits, your child may be eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant:-
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Please ask at the School Office for further details of how to claim.