'Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart" (Colossians 3:23)
SIAMS Inspection 2016
"A strong sense of Christian love and respect underpins positive relationships at all levels. Parents state that the school goes the extra mile."
At Long Itchington C of E Academy, we work together in a welcoming, caring Christian learning environment. We actively encourage each child to achieve and celebrate his/her own unique potential, to respect the beliefs and ideas of others and to become a happy, responsible and considerate person in God’s world.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting high standards and providing a high quality of learning for all pupils;
- Providing a stimulating, disciplined and caring environment in which teachers can teach and pupils can learn;
- Providing a broad, balanced curriculum, including sport, the arts, music and also extra-curricular activities;
- Caring for the individual needs of all our pupils;
- Supporting and encouraging each other as members of a caring community;
- Having close links with the local churches.
We believe that:
- Every child is unique and each child is of equal importance;
- Children’s learning flourishes when high value is placed on praise, encouragement, courtesy and consideration for others;
- High quality teaching and good relationships with children and their parents/carers have a positive effect on children’s learning;
The quality of our pupils’ learning and the environment during the primary years are critical in laying down the foundation for subsequent learning and development; our successes are important in helping our children to become happy, caring adults who will make a positive contribution to their communities .